Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter In Locke


My teenage brother in law, making a romantic gesture for his girlfriend.  


The best Chinese food we ever had, this is the back of the restaurant. 


 
Add caption




My family came to town for Easter, and it was such a nice visit. We spent the day having a delicious brunch (my sister-in-law rocks in the kitchen), and watched the kids play and search for eggs. It was a perfect day. On our drive home we stopped by Locke, a historic 99 year old Chinese town. It's beautiful there, and was quiet and empty. We walked around, took pictures and had the best Chinese food ever.

I finished a few little paintings this week. I just love woodgrain. It's so meditative to paint those lines, without a plan, or knowing where they'll go. They're in the shop, and I'll be adding prints soon. 

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I had a fun idea for a new series. Ideas always come to me when I'm just getting to sleep, so I usually say them out loud in hopes I'll remember them the next day. I'm really excited about it, and already sketched it out this morning. I have to get some orders out today, but once I'm done I'm sure it'll turn into a 2am painting night! Better get a good audiobook...

~marisa~


3 comments:

seelvana said...

i adore your art, allways watch but never comment coz all my comments would say the same!

Beautiful, you're inspiring ♥

AppaloosaMoon said...

Lovely photos & paintings as well!

River Luna said...

Thank you both! <3